Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA - Incredible Leicas -50 below!
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:47:27 -0600

A number of years ago, I shot the northern lights 25 miles north of
Fairbanks, AK.  At -47 degrees F, the R4s and 24mm worked perfectly even
though it was mounted on a tripod for 2.5 hours.  Upon returning to the car,
I inadvertently exhaled into a scarf which diverted the moist air toward my
glasses.  The spectacle lenses were instantly covered a solid white frost
and rendered useless.  That is one time when you don't want to breath on a
lens before cleaning it.

Bill Christensen