Subject: [Leica] Re: KODAK RG 1000
From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 98 03:51:32 GMT

> At this dark time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, I am tempted by the
> new (here anyway) Royal Gold 1000 *ASA* film.
>
> Any good?

My only experience with RG 1000 has been shooting hockey under flourescents
with a SLR system; in which case, it was the least objectionable alternative
for the situation. While, under these conditions, the results are adequate, the
grain is somewhat distracting. In your case, you might be better off using a
slower film, perhaps even with a tripod, at wider apertures and slower shutter
speeds, especially with a rangefinder!!
Sandy