Subject: Re: [Leica] Halogen lights, QA police, frequent contrast degradation
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@whalentennis.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 06:48:49 -0500

Dear Ted, Jim & Walter,

    All of your comments are appreciated and I believe if you read the
"tone" of my original post I was not complaining about the specs but
"asking" about the specs.  You will also read that I was concerned more
for Leica's longevity because of their quality control problems than I
was about my lense.  My point about all of this is that it was LEICA who
told be those specs shouldn't be there.  It was LEICA who told me that
they will gladly clean them out.  But it was Ted and Jim that jumped down
my throat as if I wasn't "up to the standards" of a good Leica soldier.
BS.  I love my Leica lenses, do not use filters and DID NOT send my lense
back.  You might want to consider reading a post before you get on your
soap boxes.  You also might want to re-think your blind trust in anyone.
I agree that the bottom line is the quality of the images that the
lense/photographer takes.  But I also think that any company that markets
itself as "highest quality" should stand behind the slogan and not use it
instead as an easy way to sell cameras/lenses.  I love my Leica "stuff".
I don't love receiving something in a condition below what it is
advertised to be and more importantly what it should be.  We are all
Leica quality control reps and we better take our jobs seriously or there
won't be a Leica in 5-10 years.