Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 3200
From: Michael Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:24:28 -0800

At 11:18 AM 12/12/98 EST, you wrote:
>I agree with you, it does seem to be long and hot.  Do you know the
>temperature on the 6 1/2 minute time listed below?  Unfortunately, I am
>reluctant to test the film on the 2 rolls that I just shot.  I shot 72 frames
>with a Noctolux and this lense is a light multiplier.  I affraid that I will
>over-develop them.  If you find any additional information I would appreciate
>hearing about it.  I'll do the same.
>
>Thanks
>Bob
>
> > Xtol (stock) at EI 1600 ... 6 1/2 minutes. >>

Believe this is at 68F.  I was unable to get a data sheet from supplier,
but second hand info allegedly from data sheet says EI 1600, XTOL stock, 6
min. at 68.  Believe Erwin processed in both XTOL and D76 and concluded
that it was a very good EI 1600 and almost as good as D400 at EI of 400.
Suspect that he used the Ilford rec of stock XTOL and 6 min., but only he
can confirm....if he doesn't pick up on thread, try a direct e-mail....I
only have one body so won't be shooting D3200 till later today and
tomorrow.  Will use EI 1600 and take off from your results if you have any
by time I have run through a roll or 2.  The real answer of course is that
I shouldn't be so damn lazy (or selfish with time) and test it
thoroughly......penny wise pound foolish I guess.
Mike Leitheiser

"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
                                   Tom McGuane