Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 3200
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 12:59:31 EST

Mike:

Thanks for the note.   Times for Xtol were not listed on the film data
information printed on the box.  Every other type of developer was listed
except Xtol.  These picts are important so I think that I am going to run a
test roll tomorrow before I take a chance with these.  I'll let you know what
I find.

Thanks,
Bob

<< >I agree with you, it does seem to be long and hot.  Do you know the
 >temperature on the 6 1/2 minute time listed below?  Unfortunately, I am
 >reluctant to test the film on the 2 rolls that I just shot.  I shot 72
frames
 >with a Noctolux and this lense is a light multiplier.  I affraid that I will
 >over-develop them.  If you find any additional information I would
appreciate
 >hearing about it.  I'll do the same.
 >
 >Thanks
 >Bob
 >
 > > Xtol (stock) at EI 1600 ... 6 1/2 minutes. >>

 Believe this is at 68F.  I was unable to get a data sheet from supplier,
 but second hand info allegedly from data sheet says EI 1600, XTOL stock, 6
 min. at 68.  Believe Erwin processed in both XTOL and D76 and concluded
 that it was a very good EI 1600 and almost as good as D400 at EI of 400.
 Suspect that he used the Ilford rec of stock XTOL and 6 min., but only he
 can confirm....if he doesn't pick up on thread, try a direct e-mail....I
 only have one body so won't be shooting D3200 till later today and
 tomorrow.  Will use EI 1600 and take off from your results if you have any
 by time I have run through a roll or 2.  The real answer of course is that
 I shouldn't be so damn lazy (or selfish with time) and test it
 thoroughly......penny wise pound foolish I guess.
 Mike Leitheiser