Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R 16 mm f2.8 lens
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:19:33 -0800

Yes, Jim...Zeiss-based indeed, but priced at $5,995, whereas the 16 mm is
priced at $2,495!!!! I went to Samy's Camera in Los Angeles today and met the
California Leica sales rep, Michael Blanchot, and tested the APO modular
system. What a great series of releases, but--ouch!--horribly expensive.
Nevertheless, today and tomorrow, all Leica items (yes, camera bodies and
lenses, projectors, binoculars, etc.) are 10% off for walk-in buyers and mail
order purchasers. Thus, the 16 mm would be less expensive than anywhere else in
the U.S. new, I suppose. Samy's mail order line number is 800/321-4726 if
anybody is interested (open 12-5 tomorrow, Sunday).