Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R 16 mm f2.8 lens
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:17:40 -0800

>Yes, Jim...Zeiss-based indeed, but priced at $5,995, whereas the 16 mm is
>priced at $2,495!!!!>>>>>>>>

Hi Terry,

It's no big deal. The 16mm is a happy lens for a while until you get sick
of the curvature all the time. There isn't any comparison to the 15.

The 16 for performance is OK if you want those straight lines always in a
curve.

But if you want class images there is only one lens like it!   The 15mm
regardless of the price.

I guess I have to say, if you don't have the money to play in a high stakes
lens game, don't make comparisons 16 to 15 as there isn't any when it comes
to quality.

The 16 is a lens from a crackerjack box and the 15mm is out of a diamondbox! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant