Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R 16 mm f2.8 lens
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:05:43 -0800

I agree, Ted. While testing the 16 mm on my R8 at the store, I was amazed about its
reach on the left and right but was rather dismayed about the excessive bilateral
curvature. If I ever purchase the 16 mm, I'll definitely buy it used, for yesterday
I read several adds in Shutterbug listing it for a third of its cost new and the
difference would permit me to buy a lifetime supply of undies for cleaning my
lenses. Unfortunately, nowhere did I see a listing for a used 15 mm (sigh!). Now,
if I could only eradicate the sudden itch I've developed for the 105-280 mm f/4.2
Vario-Elmar R lens after testing it at Samy's yesterday! So easy to change focal
length and focus with the left hand...truly an outstanding Solms creation!