Subject: Re: [Leica] 'My baby is American made' But not your camera, or car.
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:14:48 -0700

[cut]
Right now, most experts would concede that the top 20 percent of the
American work force has skills to sell.  But the bottom 80 percent of
the American work force is not up to world standards in their education
and skills. [cut]

++++++++++
Dear Kirk,
I doubt the truth of what "most experts" concede. Can you cite them, or
otherwise support the truth of this calmuny against American workers? The
truth is that worker's are worker's, whereever you find them. We are well
down the road to a world economy and it is more and more difficult to decide
where a product is "made." In most cases, complex products contain
intellectual and mechanical content from many sources. I feel we are all
better for it.
Back to Leica matters, please.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson