Subject: Re: [Leica] My 135 Apo Telyt doesn't like my M3!!!
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:25:59 +0100

At 20:56 13/12/98 +0100, Nathan wrote :

>Do not feel too sorry for me. After all, the lens is brand new, under
warranty, so if there is a problem, Leica will fix it or replace the
lens.In fact, it would be worse if the problem is on the M3 side, since then I
will have to pay for any repairs. I am fairly convinced that the problem is
with the lens, and hopefully the slides I am picking up tomorrow (with the
135 mounted on my M6) will prove it. Perhaps it was stupid of me to buy a
new model within the first month of its introduction. Then again, if Leica
does not come through, I live close enough to Solms to follow Ted's example
and smash the lens on the steps of Leica HQ...

>Nathan

#################
Before imputing your problem to the lens, it would be wise to wait for the
results of your test with a M6.
But you wrote :" I am fairly convinced that the problem is with the lens,
and hopefully the slides I am picking up tomorrow (with the 135 mounted on
my M6) will prove it".That's not a scientific approach but an emotional
one. You have not the result of the test but you are "fairly convinced
that...".
In your situation, I should ask Leica for an inspection of the set : M3 + 135.
But before, maybe the RF has slightly got out of order. Note that the DOF
at 3m and at full aperture is only 10cm with a 135. On your 1.4/50, in the
same conditions :35 cm.

Dominique Pellissier