Subject: Re: [Leica] My 135 Apo Telyt doesn't like my M3!!!
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:51:08 +0100

At 07:19 14/12/98 +0100, Nathan wrote :
>Dominique,
>
>The reason I am fairly convinced that the lens is the problem is that
tests with the 50mm and 90mm lenses are sharp. At f2.8 and a distance of
1.7m, the DOF with the 90mm lens is 6 cm, and at f1.4 with a 50mm lens the
DOF is around 8 cm. Both of those images were sharp, whereas the image shot
at f5.6 at 2.5m with the 135 (where the DOF is 11 cm) is hopelessly soft.
So my M3's rangefinder *appears* to work fine with all other lenses except
the 135mm.

>Nathan

Nathan,

Has your 135 a cam as my 75 ? And is the lens converting wheel of the RF
free to rotate ?
I'm not a technician. So just a 2-pence spark.

Dominique