Subject: [Leica] Leica Factory Engravings
From: mgb67@webtv.net (Scott Kercher)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:34:50 -0500 (EST)

There is an M3 for sale on E-bay that has what the seller states is 'VP
CameraDealer" engravings, with an openingbid of $3000! Well, my M3 also
has factory engaving of the first owners name,too. But I was under the
impression that Leica offered this service to anyone who wanted it. Is
this guy pulling our legs or is this something special? Anyone out there
know the story? Was always wondering who " James M. Cree" was anyway!
That's what is on the back of my M3. Dealer? VIP? Or just some ordinary
guy? It's beutifully done in the same size font as Ernst Leitz Wetzlar
on the camera top. Help Mr. Wizard!!!     Scott