Subject: Re: [Leica] Help needed on APO 2X extender and 70-180 part 2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:53:09 -0400

Ben:

You will probably have to get the answer directly from Leica or Metz on
this question.  I however, suspect that the ROM zooms do not send an
infinite lens setting boack to the camera like it was using a variable
resistor, but has predetemined focal lengths that it reports.  For example
it may go in steps like 70,100,150,180.   If the flash is never given a 105
signal, it may not go to that setting.  Metz is probably the quickest place
to get an answer.  They should know the compatibility of their flash.

Regards,

Robert Stevens