Subject: Re: [Leica] Why Metz flash is always at 70mm on 70-180mm lens
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 14:53:42 -0600

Sunday, Sunday, December 20, 1998, Pascal wrote:

> Especially why
> the 80-200 has a sensor, but not the 70-180 beats me (maybe it has to do
> with the way the construction of the lens - maybe there was not enough
> space?).

Pascal,

Two reasons why there is no sensor in the 70-180
1)  would have added too much to the cost and Leica was trying to keep
prices down on this lens.     :)
2)  Due  to  the smallness of this lens there was no room in it for the
added  sensor.      :)  Plus the added .0005 kg weight was considered
to  be  a  detriment, afraid this may be the straw that would break the
camel's back.  :)

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.