Subject: [Leica] 70-180
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:10:28 -0800 (PST)

Ben,

##########
2.    I also have a Metz 40 MZ3 flash (3501 adapter).  When I use it with
the 70-180 (no extender), the auto zoom is always set at 70mm regardless of
the focal length I am using.
#########

I took my 70-180 in to Leica complaining about this, and they claimed it
was normal. Beats me why the most expensive lens doesn't work the flash
zoom connection, and I'm only quoteing Australian Leica, who are a bit of a
backwater. If you find that it should change, let me know. I'll test the
rest of your question later.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,