Subject: Re: [Leica] curtagon shift 4/35
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:23:18 +0100

At 15:26 21/12/98 +0100, you wrote :
>Hello,
>I have the opportunity of buying such lens for my Leica R7, second hand,in
good (but not excellent) condition for equivalent of 550 USD? Can anybody
have the experience with this glass? I wonder if it vignieting and loosing
sharpness at corners when shifting.

>Thanks
>

>--
>Radek Hoc
>Kierownik Zespolu Obrotu
>Kredytami i Derywatami Kredytowymi
>Departament Instrumentow Dluznych

######
I have no experience with that lens but I have the result of a MTF-test
made 10 years ago by the french review Chasseur d'images.
They noticed curvature of field up to 5.6 and vignetting  at f:4 with left
displacement : 0.9d. At f:8, no vignetting.That's all for the drawbacks.
Otherwise the lens is very well rated :4 /5 stars.
At full aperture without displacement : very good (center), good (edges).At
f8 : excellent, very good.
With a left displacement of 7 mm, respectively : good (center), fair (right
edge), very good (left edge). At f:8, very good, good, excellent.
In comparison with the nikkor, the curtagon is a small amount better.

Dominique Pellissier