Subject: RE: [Leica] I Object
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:57:44 -0500

Greetings, Dan!

	You are in a better position than I am to comment, of course.  I
must say, however, that I gave my nearly five-year-old boy a Leica AF-C1
and, by God, he's taken some astonishing pictures.  My boy's pictures have
even taught me a thing or two; about seeing with a child's eye, what is
interesting in a mind framed much differently than mine, and what the world
looks like from forty-five inches up.

	My objection was to the context in which "happy-snaps" is tossed
about.  It often seems to be used to disparage the photographer who records
her family or the events in his life.  My point is that these pictures are
often taken with the same care, concern, and equipment as PHOTOGRAPHS, and
they and the photographers shouldn't presumptively be treated with
disrespect.

	Buzz