Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Chemicals
From: Chet Jatkoe <remex@mail.id.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:33:02 -0500

- --=====================_4513798==_.ALT

At 06:25 PM 12/22/98 , you wrote:
>At 02:00 PM 12/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>DIY E6;
>>
>> I have tried to find something to seal the partially used
>>concentrate bottles without success so far.  Do you have any suggestions?
>
>When I used to do all of my own film processing (over many many years), I
>used a product in a spray can, that had a long snout. The can was filled
>with an inert gas. You put the snout down in the bottle, pushed the spray
>nozzle for a few seconds, and capped the bottle. The inert gas displaced
>all of the oxygenated air. I don't remember the brand name, or anything
>else about it

Ken,

Tetenal sells a protectant spray, part number 109553, that is advertised to
extent the useful life of un-mixed chemicals 6 months and unused working
solutions 3-4 weeks.  I tried it recently with Tetanal 5 liter chemistry, and
it worked.  B&H sells it.

Chet

- --=====================_4513798==_.ALT

&gt;At 02:00 PM 12/22/98 -0800, you wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;DIY E6;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I have tried to find something to seal the partially used<br>
&gt;&gt;concentrate bottles without success so far.&nbsp; Do you have any
suggestions?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;When I used to do all of my own film processing (over many many
years), I<br>
&gt;used a product in a spray can, that had a long snout. The can was
filled<br>
&gt;with an inert gas. You put the snout down in the bottle, pushed the
spray<br>
&gt;nozzle for a few seconds, and capped the bottle. The inert gas
displaced<br>
&gt;all of the oxygenated air. I don't remember the brand name, or
anything<br>
&gt;else about it <br>
Ken,<br>
Tetenal sells a protectant spray, part number 109553, that is advertised
to extent the useful life of un-mixed chemicals 6 months and unused
working solutions 3-4 weeks.&nbsp; I tried it recently with Tetanal 5
liter chemistry, and it worked.&nbsp; B&amp;H sells it.<br>
Chet<br>