Subject: [Leica] Pradovit projectors
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:53:58 -0800

Last night, only the second time I've used it, my Pradovit 300 IR
suddenly stopped 5 minutes into a slide show due to apparent
overheating. I was not able to get it to run again until I removed the
lamp housing cover and left it off. I know several people who have had
their Kodak projectors for 20+ years and have never had this problem.
Additionally, Leica has been manufacturing projectors for at least 40
years and I can't believe this problem would occur based on that
experience factor. Have any of you LUG members encountered this anomaly,
especially repeatedly? Is there a fix for it? Thanks!

Terry