Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - Film didn't advance
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:13:32 -0700

Jorg wrote:
What an opportunity and I had to screw up!  Fortunately I noticed it before
it was completely over and I had another M6 (using a 90mm tele-elmarit) but
I know I missed some really good ones.
Sorry for whining!
Jorg
+++++++++++
Dear Jorg,
I could not tell from  your "whining" if the failure of the film to advance
was due to a mechanical problem or a user error. I certainly learned early
on with my M6 to be sure the leader was securely around the takeup spool and
that the holes in the film were aligned with the sprockets in the camera. I
also have made it a habit to note that the rewind spool is turning as the
film is advanced. I hate the feeling of opening the camera to find that the
film has not advanced.
sinncerely,
Joe Stephenson