Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Minilux
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:21:35 +0000

Brian,

There's only one deluxe point and shoot by Leica (well, two with the newer MiniLux Zoom).  But the Minilux has the metal body, and a couple of overrides like its ability to set the aperature.  The lens retracts and gets covered by a door when the camera is turned off.

The Leica Mini series, in contrast, is plastic bodied.  The current model is a handsome two toned model called the Mini 3.  No manual overrides, no lens cover. The lens slides inward to be flush with the body, but remains exposed. Takes decent photos though (I had a Mini for a while).  This might be what your mother has.

John