Subject: RE: [Leica] Apples and Oranges
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:20:58 -0800

Thanks Dan,

This is a very interesting group.  If I comment positively about the quality
of Leica cameras or lenses I get chastised unless I can scientifically
detail what I mean.  If I comment about why Autofocus is necessary in this
day and age, I get back a bunch of "old man talk" about how Leica is still
the better choice because the lenses are so good.  Jeeezz...I can't win
here.  I wonder if people on the LUG really shot pictures or just hug their
Ms and Rs each day.  For the snapshot taker, I guess the M would be much
better than say a P&S.  But for the working photog, it is only one piece in
the arsenal.  You still need more tool to build the house and clientele.

Peter K