Subject: Re: [Leica] Laugh at Leica and the world laughs with you.
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 07:32:52 -0800

Dr Harper wrote:

>On sober reflection I can see that the request I made on 31 December  for
>humorous contributions on this risks starting an unintended flame war.
>That is the last thing I would want.>>>

G'day Dr. Harper,

I thought on first read of your post it was a great idea for enlightened
fun conversation. However, the problem is a number of people reading these
messages only read a few words, forget the rest and then the war is on.

No fault of yours, they don't read very well in the fuzz of early mornings
in front of the screen, actually the eye brain coordination has yet begun
to funcation and fingers begin to fly without any idea of what the hell is
out going, consequently the "fun idea" is lost.

This would be the kind of topic that would work vey well sitting around a
table with a few pints of ale in a discussion group. E-mail is wonderful
but on some subjects it's a total disaster for tongue in cheek topics.
the best for this New Year with lots of wonderful Leica images.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant