Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-price of 35mm f/2.0 non-asph [was: 35mm summicron asph vs 35mm summilux asph]
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:05:47 -0600 (CST)

Everything Joe said is absolutely correct....however, I'd like to add
an exception.....I don't advocate buying from a "criminal" dealer
i.e., back alleys etc.    >BUT<  Buying from an "ignorant" dealer
may be an advantage!

Many year before Ritz/Wolf etc. "mass merchandiser" dealers came
to Dallas, Tx., there was "Barry's" ---the AE-1/cheap-korean-zoom
champion of the area.......you know, pimply-faced 18 year olds
working on commission/spiffs on the latest "hot" (i.e., high profit)
photo widget......  I went in one day, and noticed a "Minolta"
28 2.8 in the used case.....$125.....you guessed it, a MINT
CLE 28 with rear cap AND hood!!  And as an amazing coincidenct,
later went in the same store, and purchased a 28 3.5 Canon "enlarging"
lens for a whopping $75!!!...after rooting in the junk, found a
finder for the "enlarging" lens, which the guy threw in for $5.....

God, I wish they were still in business with that staff......

Cheers,
Walt