Subject: Re: [Leica] Dropped my M6!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:03:07 -0300

At 06:02 AM 11/01/99 -0800, you wrote:

>By the sound of your cameras bouncing off the floor may I suggest you save
>some time, just put them on the floor before they get dropped there. :)
>
>ted

        Funny you should mention this,Ted.

At my last "REAL" job, as a newspaper photo editor, I used to carry the
usual TONNE (that would be a metric tonne for you americans :~)) of
equipment, four bodies with drives, 300/2.8, monopod,  BIG UGLY bag with all
the "STUFF"! ... and when I came into the office I used to pile it all up on
the floor beside my desk.

My newsroom colleagues would always ask, "...why do you put such expensive
equipment on the floor?"

Having left that illustrious position, I now have a 5 year old running
around the house to remind of my habit and why.

...they may or may not keep you young, but they certainly keep you on your toes.

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
TOUCHED BY FIRE; doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm