Subject: Re: [Leica] V35
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:48:29 -0400

Gary:

You have the wrong bulb in the enlarger, or there are other problems.  I do
11X14 prints in the 30 sec range at F8-F11.  These bulbs have parabolic
reflectors that have a certain focus point.  The wrong bulb will not focus
the light at the proper spot in the optical path.  The proper bulb for the
current enlargers is a phillips 13139.  Older enlargers took a different
bulb which is no longer available.  I needed to get an adapter for my V35
to take the 13139.  The newer lamps mount in a sub assembly of a bulb
holder and retaining ring  which puts the 13139 at the proper focus point.
The older bulbs were just put into the lamp house and a retainer ring
screwed into the lamphouse heatsink to hold the lamp in.  The newer enlargr
also has the bulb type on the plastic cover which gives access to the lamp
wiring and mounting.

Regards,

Robert