Subject: RE: [Leica] Formalism vs. narrative
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:01:33 -0800

Ted

Thanks for sending that along.  I admired that photo in 75 years before I
focused at all on the fact that I knew who you were.  I think you're
absolutely right.  I must admit I didn't really think deeply about the image
when I first saw it.  I'm a sports fan and remember the race and the
build-up and events leading up to it so it was easy to focus only on the
explicit message as opposed to what's implied.  I especially like the look
between Ben and Carl.

Cheers
Kevin Hoffberg
(925) 942-2772