Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Win 95 to 98 [off topic]
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:45:28 -0800 (PST)

James R. Nelon writes:
 > Agree with you on all points. NT is clearly superior to Win95/98. Now if only we
 > could hot-swap PCMCIA cards like we used to do in Win95 . . .

My Dell Latitude laptop can hot swap PC cards.  It uses thirdparty
software that is labeled "Softex PC Card Controller" in the control
panel, but it's help page refers to this product
http://www.phoenix.com/products/cardexec.html (seems like someone
bought someone else...).

My laptop spends most of its time running Linux, but the NT stuff
seems to work just fine.

g.