Subject: Re: [Leica] Bag
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:14:00 -0600

> I saw a bag in KSP yesterday that begged to hold an M camera, a couple of
> extra lenses (perhaps with a coupler) and a few other odds and ends. It was
> a Domke F5XB. It even had a large belt loop across the back in case one
> wanted to wear it as a belt pack rather than a shoulder bag. Perhaps this
> bag has already been mentioned???
>
> Jim

Ah, my favorite camera bag. I use it with a Nikon FM2 (sorry!) and 24, 35
and 85 mm lenses with hoods. But since the FM2 is pretty much the same size
as an M6, it would cleary accommodate the M equivalents.

I've removed the stitching from the front pockets that turn them into
several thin and mostly useless (to me, anyway) multi-pockets. With those
front pockets thus redefinded as two larger pockets, I keep a plastic case
with six rolls of film in one and an incident meter in the other.

With the bag riding on a belt around my waist (I use a LowePro belt; that's
what my dealer stocks), it's small and incospicuous. And nothing is
weighing on my shoulders, though I'll sometimes add a shoulder strap for
extra protection against theft in higher risk areas.

Remove the front Domke logo and let the canvas get a bit worn, and few even
recognize it as a camera bag.

Larry