Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 06:46:48 EST

LUGGERS:

I am really sorry that several of you are having bad experiences with Xtol.
This stuff is magic but I certainly understand your fears when important
negatives are at stake.  I have not been as careful as several of you have in
storage practices.  I do not have gallon glass amber jugs and frankly I don't
know where to get them.  My best friend is a pharmacist at a very high-volume
pharmacy and he hasn't seen any glass gallon jugs come into his store for
years.  I have een using those brown plastic jugs that you purchase in the
camera shops.  I am just finishing up the last 5-litre Xtol that I mixed in
September.  I have never had a problem.  I do not replenish and I do not put
freon back into the jug.

I feel the same way about other developers as some of you are feeling about
Xtol.   I have compared it to Perceptol, Microphen, D-76, Microdol and TMax
developer and Xtol was the "hands down" winner for me.

Xtol has become my favorite PAD....you can't get enough vitamin C!!!!!!

Bob Bedwell