Subject: [Leica] RE: exposure rules; incident meters
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:10:11 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:
>After carefully checking out the various available digital incident
>meters (several years ago) I chose the Gossen LunaStar F2, even though
>my analog incident meter is a Sekonic Studio Deluxe..

When my middle-aged eyes could no longer reliably read the tiny numbers
on my old analog meter, I bought a Gossen Luna Star F2 (back in '97;
they were giving away free spotmeter attachments at the time).  I
*really* like the button placement and the fact that it doesn't have
that annoying turn-on delay like the Sekonic meter I tried out.  Push
the button, and the result is displayed immediately.

The only caveat is the plastic incident dome; it is held in place by two
small tabs that can break off easily, and a spare dome costs $11.
(Fortunately, the tabs on the spot attachment are much sturdier.)

- --
Pieter Bras