Subject: [Leica] Re: glass or plastic
From: Deniz Saylan <Photojournalist@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:55:31 +0100

So guys,

you have really troubled me with that glass or plastic question, so I called a friend who works with Leica in the Production in Solms. He connected me to a
colleague from the optical department.
The ASPH are ALL GLASS. The very first edition was handmade! so thatīs the reason for the high price and the few lenses they produced. Leica newer used plastic
on ASPH.
The new production is now with lower costs and better results. Before that you couldnīt produce ASPH lenses in series. But itīs still glass.

Cheers,

Deniz