Subject: Fwd: [Leica] Camera bags
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:32:10 EST

- --part0_917379131_boundary

Isn't it absolutely amazing that we all have such different opinions. That's
the reason that the LUGNET is kept alive.  I am a camera bag freak.  During
the past year I have purchased two Lowepros, a Domke Leather bag and a Tamrac.
In my opinion the quality on the Lowepro is at the bottom of the list followed
by the Tamrac.  The Domke is the best quality, again in my opinion.  But
frankly I don't like any of them.  None of them are made specifically for any
brand of camera...they are generic bags.  Add a little weight to them and they
shift around and get out of shape.

During the past month I have also purchased two leather Hasselblad bags (1970
vintage) that are wonderful examples of what a bag should be.  Granted, the
colors of the bags are a little abstract but the quality is exceptional.
Leather outside, soft suede inside.  In both bags there are specific places
for your camera body, backs, lenses and filters. There are several compartmens
that will hold cable releases, film, batteries.  These bags were expensive in
the 70's so one can only imagine what the price would be today, if new.  I am
sure this is the reason that custom bags aren't made today.  I paid $50 for
one of them and $65 for the other.  I will spend around $25 on each one of the
to replace a handle and a strap.  In both cases I have something that I will
enjoy using for many years.

So, if any of you LUGGERS out there have bags that you want to sell I am your
sucker!

Bob Bedwell

I have been looking for over a year for a Leica bag that was made specifically
for Leica M and equipment and I believe that I will find one in the future.

<< I have always raved about Lowepro on the LUG, and I have been a proud
 owner of Lowepro bags for 2 years.  I have a Compact AW and a Sideline
 Shooter.....both excellent bags!

 Francesco

 At 01:45 AM 1/26/99 , Mark Rabiner wrote:
 >"Wood, Darrell (London)" wrote:
 >>
 >> To those interested.
 >>
 >> I have been looking for a flexible camera bag outfit for years for all
 >> occasions.  I have just purchased some of the new Lowpro Street & Field
 >> series.  I would recommend it.
 >>
 >> http://www.lowepro.com/Default.htm
 >>
 >> Hope this is usefull.
 >>
 >> Regards
 >>
 >> Darrell
 >
 >This is the first mention of Lowepro here in my several month memory.
 >Other excellent bags which would be the obvious contenders are often
 >mentioned. Lowepro's are my favorite, the ones I use the most. They have
 >excellent quality, feel, design, price. Some of them seem designed with
 >Leica M's in mind. I'm glad someone else here likes them too.
 >Mark Rabiner

- --part0_917379131_boundary

I have always raved about Lowepro on the LUG, and I have been a proud
owner of Lowepro bags for 2 years.  I have a Compact AW and a Sideline
Shooter.....both excellent bags!

Francesco

At 01:45 AM 1/26/99 , Mark Rabiner wrote:
>"Wood, Darrell (London)" wrote:
>>
>> To those interested.
>>
>> I have been looking for a flexible camera bag outfit for years for all
>> occasions.  I have just purchased some of the new Lowpro Street & Field
>> series.  I would recommend it.
>>
>> http://www.lowepro.com/Default.htm
>>
>> Hope this is usefull.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Darrell
>
>This is the first mention of Lowepro here in my several month memory.
>Other excellent bags which would be the obvious contenders are often
>mentioned. Lowepro's are my favorite, the ones I use the most. They have
>excellent quality, feel, design, price. Some of them seem designed with
>Leica M's in mind. I'm glad someone else here likes them too.
>Mark Rabiner

- --part0_917379131_boundary--