Subject: [Leica] Re: [Your LUG post about your new lens]
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@netscape.net>
Date: 2 Feb 99 08:23:32 JST

emu@aloha.com wrote:
> Hello Ken --
>
> I read with great interest your LUG post of yesterday or today about your
> new 61,500-yen lens.
>
> I am considering buying one of the more economical non-Leica 21 or 28mm
> lenses and am curious which one you are talking about. I wasn't able to
> find out by reading the previous batch of LUG postings. It appears there
> are more varieties of such lenses available right now in Japan, where most
> are manufactured, than elsewhere.

To my knowledge, the following LTM lenses are either currently being made
and/or available on the market:

Konica

35mm f:2.0
50mm f:2.4

Kobalux, Avenon, Adorama...

21mm f:2.8
28mm f:3.5

Ricoh

21mm f:2.8
28mm f:2.8

Minolta

28mm f:3.5

Cosina (Voigtlander)

15mm f:4.5 (non-RF coupled)
25mm f:4 (non-RF coupled)

Soon to be released is 60mm f:1.2 from Konica.  The price tag will be 198,000
yen, and the production run will be only 300 or so.

Yes, it seems like an LTM revival, but the sales figure seems to indicate that
the boom did not last very long.  It apears that Cosina's offerings would be
very popular, as they are not "limited production" items.