Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:08:56 EST

Steve:

Ted is right.  The R8 is a wonderful tool and the lenses for it are the
absolute best.  I have owned an F4, I currently own an F5 and I also have an
R8.  If you need speed, Nikon is the answer, no doubt.  If you want the
absolute higherst quality negatives, you will see a big difference with R8
optics.

Bob Bedwell

<< Steve wrote:

 >I asked for advice on lenses to go with a  new R8 a few weeks ago and got
 >alot of useful info, including suggestions that I not buy an R8.>>>>

 Hi Steve,

 Just read your note for information and what had been suggested to you
 previously: "NOT TO BUY AN R8!"

 This is right in the face of whomever posted that drivel.....It's BS big
 time!!! They are the best slr Leica made!!! Period! And yes a few guys have
 had a glitch or two, but on average we "R8 users" have had great success
 with each one we have purchased.

 <<decided to buy an F4s.>>>>>>

 What a shame, as you've missed out on a very fine camera. Too bad I didn't
 notice your earlier post and maybe you'd have an R8 nesteled in your arms
 instead of a has been camera.
 ted