Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:04:00 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve wrote:
snip
> Hi Steve,
>
> Just read your note for information and what had been suggested to you
> previously: "NOT TO BUY AN R8!"
>
> This is right in the face of whomever posted that drivel.....It's BS big
> time!!! They are the best slr Leica made!!! Period! And yes a few guys have
> had a glitch or two, but on average we "R8 users" have had great success
> with each one we have purchased.
snip
 When I move into R's with the 8 in a few years I'll buy from from one
of two reputable sources here in Portland OR. bring it home and put some
film through in right off. If in the following few weeks there is a
glitch in the camera which I doubt, I will exchange it for a glitchless
one. I would both times insist on an unopened box. I don't anticipate
any problems. I also agree it is probably the best slr every made.
Nikons are fine they don't interest me, they are boring.
This is not opinion this is the basic nature of the universe that anyone
in their right mind would be in tune with.
Mark :-) Rabiner