Subject: Re: [Leica] Dear Leica...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:35:00 -0800

JeffS wrote:
snip
> My own question might read like this:
>
> How do you retain the Leica's beloved qualities, while making it relevant
> for tomorrow's photographers, and how are these decisions reflected in
> Leica's newest products?

snip

A slightly presumptuous premise. My opinion is that just as long as they
keep making film most Leica M's Have as much relevance for tomorrow's
photographers as today's.
Leica cameras don't need to made relevant. Leica's main product is the M
system which is an old classic design going about a continual REFINEMENT.
There is bound to be digital backs for 35s coming out just like there is
data backs now. That would be all the relevance Leica's would need when
they stop making film for all practical porpoises I would predict in
twenty or thirty years.
Mark Rabiner