Subject: Re: [Leica] new in group m2/m3
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:09:13 EST

Carlos, welcome to the LUG. It is an interesting list and a very opinionated
list, but after a while you start to 'crave' a dose of LUG a day. Very similar
to a coffee addiction! Your choice of camera is excellent, I am a dedicated M2
user and at the moment I have only 6 or 8 of them. I have mislaid 2 at the
moment, probably in some bag in a closet. It is in my opinion the greatest M
ever made. Nothing extra, no frills and it is a joy to shoot with, with a 35/2
and the 50/2. The M3 is very nice with the 50 and the 90, but I still favor
the M2. A couple of mine are 'heavily used" — they have been dragged around
for years, banged and dented, but they still work perfectly. One of the guys
who taught me photography was an old Swedish press photographer and he told me
'To be comfortable, carry a M2 with the 35/2 and to be really comfortable,
carry two M2's, one with a 35, the other with the 90 and fill your pockets
with film!".
 Dont worry about your English, I am not native born English speaker, in fact,
English was the 2nd foreign language taught in the Swedish school system, in
the 50's German was the first, English 2nd and French 3rd and I wish that they
had taught Spanish and Italian too. The Danish born comedian/musician Victor
Borge once stated 'English is not my mothertongue, I am only borrowing it".
Welcome to the LUG and keep shooting,
Tom A