Subject: Re: [Leica] Experience with E-Bay Auction site
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:33:30 -0500

Andy-
I've had mostly good experiences with e-bay. You just have to be guarded
against over-bidding. One sometimes develops a "competitve nature" ('I MUST
WIN THIS AUCTION!') and you wind up with a $35 Canon 40mm UV filter. (true
story!)
Sometimes there are bargains ($56 Benser plate for M camera- holds two
additional M lenses under the camera- I've seen them for $150+) and more
times not.
It's not for everyone, one must enter the E-bay arena with some knowledge
of what things cost. But you'll sometimes find things that are nearly
impossible to find elsewhere....
I've never been ripped off in an e-bay transaction, but then, I contact the
seller and ask very specific questions in regards to condition and
function.
I've bought alot of stuff I didn't need (oh wicked compulsion!!) and *that*
seems to be the real danger for me in E-bay!!
I'm not bidding on anything now, as I must save $$ for a Tom A Rapidwinder!

regards,

Bob Keene
"Not insane, and I have the paperwork from the doctor to prove it."
_______