Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 3200 -Reply
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:18:02 -0500

At 08:47 AM 1999-02-18 +1000, Gareth Jolly wrote:
>There is a procedure described in 'The Darkroom Cookbook' for pushing
>Tri-X to 3200, while retaining shadow detail.  From memory, it involves
>transferring the film to a new long tank containing a warmed hydrogen
>peroxide bath for a period.  An empty spool or two at the bottom of the
>long tank keeps the film suspended above the bath, in the fumes of the
>hydrogen peroxide.

I would suspect this to be a rather simplified manner of "hypering" the
film, normally done with nitrogen "forming gas".  This is a common practice
with amateur astronomers and hypered film or, for that matter, hypering
tanks, are readily available from the vendors who advertise in SKY &
TELESCOPE.  But, to that end, freezing your camera down with dry ice will
REALLY lead to gains in low-light sensitivity and will impede fogging, to
boot!

Now, a Noctilux, a glass of Lagavulin, five pounds of dry ice, a bunch of
Ted's underwear, and, gads folks, we're talking TOTAL darkness pictures here!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!