Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Diltilled water
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:05:14 -0400

Jim:

Once the distilled water has chemicals mixed in it, it is no longer pure
and doesn't cause any problems.  The same may be true when phot-flo is
added to the water.  All I was trying to explain is why distlled water may
be a problem, and left it open for anybody more knowledgeable to inform us
of the truth.

Rain water is not distilled water. Distilled water is pure h20 made by
condensing steam.  Rain is condensation, but it goes through a lot of
atmoshphere and picks up organic compounds on the way through.  In Nova
Scotia we have had some problems with lakes being ruined by the acid rain.
This rain is formed when it falls though the polution in the atmoshpere
that comes up from the Eastern United States.

Regards,

Robert