Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film speed
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:29:32 EST

Nathan:

I agree with you as well.  However, my hard head drives me to see it for
myself.  If I only confirm that D3200 is acceptable to use as low as 800 I
will feel much more comfortable.  800-3200 is quite a spread, isn't it?   IF,
and I say IF, it would produce acceptable images at 400 it would be marvelous.

Bob Bedwell

<< Bob,

 I agree with Martin that if you need 400 speed than you are probably better
off
 using a film optimized for that speed. As far as 800, that is close enough to
what
 we all agree is the "true" ISO speed of D3200, namely 1000 or 1200, that you
might
 well get perfectly good negatives with a bit less developing.

 Nathan >>