Subject: Re: [Leica] Boston Lug Session
From: "phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:33:42 -0500

Hi Leon,

     I am in Acton, about 20 minutes away from you.  In any case,
     there is an event planned for July 29th, when Alex Hurst will
     be visiting from Ireland.  We will probably get together in Boston
     or in the immediate suburbs (Cambridge, Allston, etc).

     I hope we can get together maybe once before that, perhaps
     at the time of Photographica (a mostly-used equipment show,
     sponsored by the Historical Photographic Society (I am unsure
     about the name); several Leica dealers are regular at this show
     Le Camera, Koh, etc.).  Usually there is one show in the spring,
     one in the fall, lately at the High School in Waltham.

     And of course, when Francesca relocates from Belgium, we must
     have another get together.

     I enjoyed this past meeting very much, met several new people,
     visited the exhibit at the Griffin Center and admired LUGer Steve
     Alexander's display at the show,  saw Michael Hintlian's incredible
     B&W prints of the Big Dig and Armenian project, and had a good time
     viewing everybody else's prints.  I wish we had more time to view
     everyone's work.   All in all it was a very pleasant way to spend a
     Saturday afternoon.  I walked away determined to learn to print
     my own B&W work, and today signed up for a evening class at
     one of local vocational school.

- - Phong