Subject: Re: [Leica] digital darkroom
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:49:33 +0100

Fritz,

I just scan and print at the highest dpi. In my case, this means
scanning at 2400 dpi with the HP Photosmart and printing the resulting
25MB file at 1440 on the Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer. Depending on
the final image size, the file being sent to the printer is about 300
dpi.

How do you arrive at a 150MB file size from a 35mm negative or slide???

Nathan

estilo moro wrote:

> a question for those experienced with digital printing:
>
> what resolution are you printing? or, for 35mm film, what
> scan/print resolution is optimal?
>
> i use the ls2000 scanner and the epson photo stylus ex printer.
>
> i have to imagine printing an 8x10 scanned at 2700 and printed
> at 1440 is overkill-- not to mention the 150+ meg file...
>
> i've looked online at various formulas for this but most seem
> to deal with scanning prints and not film.
>
> tia
> fritz

- --
Nathan Wajsman