Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL RF misalignment
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:13:46 -0800

"Dr. Joseph Yao" wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Yes, I am using the Leica SCA 3501 module with my Metz.  However, mine
> is the 40 MZ-3, not the newer 40 MZ-3i.  I would very much like to get
> the 3i in future for my EOS 3 for its E-TTL compatibility.  May I ask
> what consistent problems you are experiencing with your Metz?

snip
I have been following your problems with your Metz. Mine is a 32 Z-2. I
don't know if you have any catalogs handy or fresh in you mind but are
yours and mine the same basic configuration? It is my impression and I
am hoping that mine is a big smaller and therefore less of a worry for
having your type of problems. Mine has a kind of low slung War of the
Worlds look and I think balances fairly well on my M6. I think its power
is over rated I often set the recommend F stop a half or a full stop
higher on my camera but I need to do a definite test on it. I am
disappointed to find out it has no half power setting so on manual it is
always full out. I have the option I'm sure of replacing the foot so it
will be TTL and the New M6TTL when I get that as a second body.
If you happen have an inside track on my flash please fill me in. I'm
foreseeing using much more this year.
Mark Rabiner