Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: "Bruce Feldman" <brucef@waw.pdi.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:03:02 +0100

This is a good solution.  We may all be a little paranoid about dust, if not
scratches, on our lenses.  It is certainly better than screwing on a UV
filter.

Another solution for a missing lens cap that I've found is to cut a pencil
eraser to fit in the hood.  In fact, I found one that fits without any
cutting.  I just put a piece of duct tape on the front to use as a pull tab
and I'm all set.  I've had no trouble with eraser shavings.  The only
disadvantage is that it's a bit heavy.

Still another solution I've found:  cut a piece of sponge to fit the lens
hood.  (Try not to get an orange one, it clashes with the red dot! :-) )

With these solutions it doesn't matter if you lose them since they're so
cheap and easy to replace.

Bruce Feldman
Warsaw, Poland