Subject: Re: [Leica] Matt Drudge
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:35:46 EST

Thanks Mitch.   I will watch for his name with interest from now on.

Bob Bedwell

<< > Perhaps we can find a LUGGER that will tell us about Matt Drudge.

 Drudge is an aggressive self promoter whom has become something of a media
 darling because he posts time sensitive information on his page before many
of
 the big boys are able to verify the stories as authentic.  Drudge does not
 appear to care whether his postings are accurate; he claims a scoop when they
 are and buries them when they are not (frequently without retraction,
 correction or apology).

 The media outlets (and I'm not addressing the issue as to whether Drudge is a
 legitimate member of the media) could benefit from a (military?) motto I once
 read; to wit:

 "In God we trust; verify all others"

 /Mitch