Subject: [Leica] Magnifying viewfinders
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:24:16 -0600

Greetings,
I notice that on the Xpan camera when you switch from the standard lens to
the telephoto, the viewfinder image increases in magnification.  A lens
moves into place in the viewfinder when the 90mm lens is attached, and this
lens moves out of the way when the standard 45mm lens in put in place.
   Granted they only have 2 lenses to work with on that camera (for now at
least) but I'm wondering why Leica couldn't do something similar to make it
easier to use 90mm and 135mm lenses on Ms.  Seeing a tiny frame in the
viewfinder, or having to attach viewfinding eyes to the lens seems to be a
less satisfactory approach.  Could an external "slip-on" accessory lens be
used, in much the same way as diopter adjustment lenses can be attached to
viewfinder windows on SLRs?