Subject: [Leica] Feedback sought on Colour Heads & Analysers
From: Akhil Lal <alal01@utopia.poly.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:30:42 -0500 (EST)

Hello Everyone,
		I'm getting interested in making Ilfochrome prints from my
Kodachrome slides. I know there are many LUG'ers doing colour printing and
would greatly appreciate feedback on the following items, some of which I
may have to buy second-hand:

1. Colour Heads: any preference between Durst or Omega ? How long do the
   dichroic filters last ? Any way to tell, before purchase if the filters
   are NG ? Do these companies support older units ? Phone Numbers ?

2. I am leaning towards the Beseler PM 2 A analyser. What do LUG'ers think
   of this model ?  Any alternatives ?

3. Has anyone on this list used either the Philips or Minolta (both out of
   production for a long time) additive colour heads ? Are the worth
   seeking out now ?

		Thanks and Regards,
		  Akhil Lal
                alal@bcc.cuny.edu