Subject: Re: [Leica] Montrealers???
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:39:46 -0500

>I used to spend weekends in Montreal, visiting my then-girlfriend who is
>my wife
>now.
>
>"Folmer, Derek" wrote:
>
>> I am new to the Leica experience, having the fortune to use my great-uncle's
>> M3 which was purchased in 1954. I am trying to learn as much as I can about
>> Leica's & photography in general and was wondering if there were any
>> Montrealer's reading this list whom I might be able to contact at some point
>> in time to find out more about things like which shops to go to for repair /
>> cleaning work, etc.
>
>I used to hang out at Camera Simon on Rue Ste.Antoine near the City Hall,
>drooling over the Leica stuff which I could in no way afford then.  Are they
>still there?

Yes they are still there. The typical newspaper district camera store!
You do not see that many equipment in the store but you know they have lots
hidden somewhere in the back store.

This store sold more Leicas in it's life than any other store in Canada.

Cheers,

J.Leonard
j.leonarddesigner"videotron.ca